At StarKids, our primary goal is for children to feel safe and secure. Additionally, we believe that a learning environment which fosters respect for cultural diversity and utilizes an eclectic approach to education allows for optimal growth and development of young children.
Young children’s developmental tasks are to
build trust, learn social skills, begin mastery of
academic skills and develop positive self-esteem. And, in order to best support these tasks, our program strives to provide developmental appropriate activities, well-trained and consistent staff, a safe and healthy learning environment, and continuity of care.
Also, we believe parents are their child’s first teacher; thus, we work to support parents in their efforts to guide their child’s development.
Ethical behavior in early childhood education and care are based on commitment to values that are rooted in the history of our profession. At StarKids, we have committed ourselves professionally to:
- Appreciate each child as unique and valuable;
- Acknowledging and supporting the close ties between child and family;
- Recognizing that children are best understood and supported in the context of family, culture, community and society;
- Respecting the dignity, worth and uniqueness of each individual child, family member and colleague; and
- Helping children achieve their full potential.